Our Core Strategies
Five core strategies form the basis of Bekaert’s priorities and decision making process towards driving value and growth. These strategies put the company’s vision into practice and reflect the direction and priorities:
- bring the customer into the heart of our business;
- drive growth by providing superior customer value;
- accelerate Bekaert’s technology leadership and speed-to-market in target products and processes;
- leverage our scale to greater effect, and reduce our complexity to facilitate this;
- deliver the value proposition we want to offer the customer, at the lowest total cost.
The vision and strategies were defined at the end of 2014 to drive direction and focus in Bekaert’s process of transformation toward value driven growth. This transformation journey has been making our teams act faster, prioritize better, and engage in the delivery on the five core strategies.
While Bekaert’s transformation process has only begun in 2015, our change programs supporting the company’s vision and strategies are beginning to have a greater impact in scope and speed. The results, which are expected to come to their full potential in the coming years, already show their effectiveness through recent business portfolio decisions, various pilot programs and the strong financial performance of Bekaert in 2015.